Hello Friends! I was selected as a grand prize winner in the Ben’s Beginners Cooking Contest. Here is my video and recipe!
Cai's Famous Sizzlin Sausage Skillet
- 2 8.8 oz pkgs of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, Natural Whole Grain Brown
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 16 oz package of turkey sausage sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and then stir.
- Add onions and green peppers and sauté until tender.
- Then, add turkey sausage and chicken broth.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, pepper and uncle ben’s ready rice and stir.
- Turn the temperature to med low, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it stand until liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Let me know if you try the recipe!!